Regardless whether you are a private or NHS patient, a visit to the dentist can be a stressful experience even when the procedure undertaken is without problems.
Whilst the majority of dental procedures are undertaken without a problem, mistakes can happen. These typically relate to failures to diagnose a particular dental problem, a misdiagnosis of a problem or errors relating to pre-procedure assessment or performance of a dental procedure itself. Such mistakes can result in significant pain and distress, cosmetic problems and a need for expensive, long term, corrective treatment.
The main areas in which we see medical negligence in dental treatment are:
- Failure to diagnose and treat tooth decay
- Failure to diagnose and treat gum disease
- Unnecessary dental treatment being performed
- Removal of wrong tooth due to a misdiagnosis or surgical error
- Dental bridges – poorly fitting bridges and failure of the bridges causing damage to the teeth
- Root canal surgery – substandard performance of the procedure, not informing a patient after a dental instrument snaps and is left in the tooth.
- Substandard dental implant surgery
If you think that you have suffered an injury or poor outcome as a result of failures in dental care you have received then you may be entitled to compensation.
We at Freemans have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of Clinical Negligence claims. Using our knowledge and expertise we will ensure that your claim is investigated fully in a sensitive manner. We will work tirelessly to ensure you are not only compensated for the pain and losses caused by your injuries but that you also receive support and any further treatment you may need.
Please call one of our solicitors today on 0191 222 1030 for a free consultation in relation to your claim or complete our website enquiry form.